Working On It Like function not working properly...

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I've noticed that I can like a post but none of the other options (laugh, etc.) show up for me to choose. Thanks, Mike

What device/OS are you using?

For those that weren't aware, using a smart phone or tablet, you have to long press the Like button for the menu with the other choices to pop up. Normal press just gives a Like.

For PC you just need to hover the cursor over the Like button for the other options to appear.

For Apple devices I have no idea but I would think they would function the same as above, mobile device vs computer.

As of this post it's working fine for me and last night. I have not experienced this issue recently.

(Gave your post a Laugh but NOT cause I thought it was funny, just a test to confirm ;))

Upvote 0
Always worked fine on my Mac book laptop. Have a new HP laptop, and it had been working, but now it isn't. Tried the long hold on like icon, no joy. Not sure whats going on there. Mike

Upvote 0
Hmm interesting, sorry, unfortunately I have no other ideas on what's going on then. Hopefully Brian @vtcnc might know what's going on.

Upvote 0
Never worked for me, always wondered what was wrong or how do you get those to pop up, and I think I just figured it out the difference. I normally use FireFox as a browser, it blocks pop ups and I see nothing hovering over the "Like" icon. Just signed in with Chrome browser and when hovering over the "Like" icon the reaction emojis do pop-up.

Upvote 0
I use FireFox on my PC w/ an ad-blocker add-on & the Like feature has always worked as it should. But there are different Ad-blocker add-ons so I suppose some of them could be the cause.

My phone is also configured for ad blocking but at the system level, not just internet browser, Like feature has always worked fine as well.

@FOMOGO, What browser are you using?

Upvote 0
Yes, I'm using Fire Fox also, and have an ad blocker (uBlock Origin). Mike

Upvote 0
Firefox here. I only have to hover over the Like button and the emoji bar appears. I'm on an HP laptop, running latest version of Windows.

I've never considered the emoji bar to be a pop-up option. Hmmm...this is a bit of a mystery to me. I'll check on the developer site.

Upvote 0
FYI, I am also using FireFox under Windows 10 but no ad blocker. Like works OK. I don't happen to have any ad blockers to try or I would.

Upvote 0
Back