Lil' Hoggers

ARM

Active User
Registered
LIL' HOGGERS.JPG
Hi Guys
Hope somebody here has had some working experience with these or knows better which Carbide Inserts would work better on these.
We want to buy a set of these and can't seem to get info on whether TNMG (ISO 160404), SNMG and RNMG 32 Inserts will fit on these
And how good are these HOGGERS supposed to be ???
We want to use them for Machining Stainless Steel on our Bridgeport Clone which we hope can handle these Lil' ones !!!
Thanks in advance
aRM

ive heard good things about the round inserts, and your machine will have no problem 'handling' them, I run a 3inch 6 tooth face mill on my clone

check out nyc cnc on youtube, he use the tormach shear hogs, they look very similar to those

I recently bought a set of these from Accusize industrial here in Canada, From the small amount that I have used them they seem fairly good. I have a Go704 so they should be substantially better on a Bridgeport size machine!

i have the same set from Accusize and have never had any problems, they work as advertised

I never used those, but I always had a set of Valenite mini mills when I worked in the die shop. They are very similar, and they used the negative inserts. I cut tool steel all day long typically at .100 deep cut in bport, and love them. No longer made, but see them on ebay often. Only disadvantage to the Valenite cutters is the triangle one is 5/16 inscribed circle, so TNM_2.5__ inserts are a little harder to find but available on ebay. I think those little hoggers use a more standard TNM_3__ insert?

Now in my home shop I still use the mini mills, plus a few 1.5 dia ones from ebay on my 8x30 knee mill. Mostly I take .050 deep cuts, and that is about all my mill can handle.

Back