Lima Motor Rotation how to change

Russ,
I stays in the center position and it is not a momentary off.
I read some other posts here and this seems to be more complex then I ever imagined.
Te motor is 3 phase but running on single phase with the load being supplied fro 2 15 amp breakers to equal 230 volts
plus a capacitor with a micro start relay, does it get anymore confusing then that.
I will be in it for the long haul till this gets set up correctly.

Thanks again for all your help and your time spent on this.

The third pic from the top looks for all the world like a pic of a single-phase motor to me; I've never seen a 3-phase motor with a capacitor housing on it like that [this could be a first!]. Your description of the starting relay suggests this, too, although some phase converters also use relays. Is there a connection diagram inside the cover of the motor lead pothead? Also, could you send us a pic of the motor data plate? Regards.

Moving right along.

Look on your DAYTON switch and see which cam code it has. I am suspecting a R22. For use on a three phase motor or single phase motor that is capacitor start-induction run you need a switch with a R44 cam code. The bottom two contacts 5 and 6, remain the same regardless of switch position. The other two change from 1 to 2 and 3 to 4 in one position to 1 to 3 and 2 to 4 in the other.

At this point in time I do not understand the purpose of the R22 arrangement.

Please let me know.

Russ,
Just checked the Dayton switch and there is NO reference to any cam codes on the switch anywhere.
I have looked at the schematic inside the cover and I think I will have to disconnect the wires that are going into the junction box of the motor
and connect to the drum switch,But where do I go if I only have 2 wires for load from the 2 breakers ?
I would think that I will have to make up some short jumpers to carry the current to the appropriate terminals. I will probably also need another run
of cable from the switch to the motor and connect as it was before, as far as I can tell the switch only moves the current from one side to the other.
This is where you get to tell me that the Jr Electrician is catching on or I'm still dumber then dirt with electricity.

Back