Linear slider

homebrewed

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I recently bought an inexpensive linear slider for a project I'm working on. It came with about a dozen spare balls and what appears to be some kind of molded device for loading the balls into the slider. Here are a couple of photos of the ball loading piece, along with the balls:

Ball loader1.JPG

Ball loader2.JPG

How does this thing work? It appears to me that it could easily be an exercise in frustration but.....maybe not.
I assume that the grooves hold the balls but you could only load one side of the slider at a time. Dunno :dunno:

I have quite a few of these hombrewed . When they go bad , they are bad . Danaher owns the company that makes these as well as my company . I'm going to post all these slides below for shipping costs only . It's going to be when I get home in a month . I have DRO readers as well as linear slides , bearings , etc . If someone could use them , better than going to the dump .

I tried reloading one of those in the past......Well, NOBODY can do everything..lol
Maybe I should have read the instructions.
Funny thing is I reload ball screws and set the preload. .
Shirt,, maybe I just needed to be shown how.

I tried reloading one of those in the past......Well, NOBODY can do everything..lol
Maybe I should have read the instructions.
Funny thing is I reload ball screws and set the preload. .
Shirt,, maybe I just needed to be shown how.
Some hints in the form of poorly-translated instructions might be helpful but I didn't get anything other than the rail, slider and balls plus the plastic replacement tool. Assuming it's not meant to be a shoehorn <g>.

I _could_ contact the ebay vendor but for some odd reason I'm skeptical I'll get much traction there.....

I found a description, with photos, showing how to replace the balls. It doesn't appear that the little plastic tool is a requirement.

The link: here

That looks like a "keeper" so that you can remove the bearing unit from the slide without losing all the ball bearings.

That looks like a "keeper" so that you can remove the bearing unit from the slide without losing all the ball bearings.
That totally makes sense -- thanks!

Back