Link belt information needed.

So, I looked on the Harbor Freight site, and low and behold, there they were. I called HF back. Another lady answered the phone. I told her what had happened earlier. I told her that the belts WERE carried by HF, and that I had looked it up. She put me on hold. I was there for 5 minutes. She never came back. I called back and told the lady what had happened. She ask for an item no. I was away from the computer. I went back UPSTAIRS to the computer, looked up HF again, and got the item no. I told her what it was. She looked it up. Oh yea, we have 3 in stock. I said I will be right over. I got there, and there was only one in the store, but I got it.
Maybe I could get a job moonlighting for HF.
I am going out to install the belt. Thanks for your help fellas.
Jack

I put the new link belt on earlier this evening.
There was no doubt that the machine ran quieter, and with less vibration. When ever HF gets some more belts in, I am going to replace the
other v-belt also.
Thanks to all for your help.
Jack

Just a warning to anyone thinking of getting the more 'economical' link belt types, being cheap I got one of the type that have nuts to hold the links, it works fine after some fiddling, but the main problem on an Atlas is that the nuts interfere with the headstock casting when changing gears.

DSCF2570.JPG

Bernard

DSCF2570.JPG

Back