Linley Jig Bore Information Wanted

ksierens

Active User
Registered
I have a line on a Linley Jig Bore that does not have the power feed. Does anyone have any picture of the inside of one in case I decide to make one for it?

Manuals with parts list are available on ebay. Manuals only show parts. Manuals are not really good. Make sure the Linley has collets as they are veery rare and almost unabtainable.
Good luck.

Paul

I found this manual photo on EBay. m4fMWhZtJvhPuuJpftZMxJQ.jpg it looks more like a milling machine to me. There was a video on YouTube as well.

The Best with your new machine

m4fMWhZtJvhPuuJpftZMxJQ.jpg

It has a 3/8 and 1/2 LB collets and a 1/2 3AT collect. I aslo think I have a line on a set of 3AT collects locally.

Wow! That was my first "milling machine"....I sold it for $600 because at the time I didn't have room. Sure wish I had it back!

I have two linley jig bores. One has the power downfeed. I can take some pics for you. I also have made solid end mill holders becsuse the LB collets are almost impossible to find

Daryl, I started a Linley group on Yahoo, you should join and post some pictures there. I was able to pick up a newer head with the power feed unit, and I am planning on making an adapter for ER coolers instead of the LB ones.

I looked at one a couple years ago, still had these files.
As I recall there were design differences in the table.
I'm fascinated by this precision stuff.
Looked at an operable Moore #2 Jig Grinder last Thursday.
I've no application for it, just a way cool machine, unused & unloved.

Daryl
MN

Back