LMS mini lath belt tension.

Garage Dog

Registered
Registered
My mini lathe arrived yesterday and I have stripped it down to give it a thorough cleaning. Spent about 6 hours disassembling and cleaning with mineral spirits and a small paint brush and a bunch of paper towels.

I noticed the belt seemed to be very tight, a lot tighter than I would think it should be. Does anyone have a good way to check for the correct tension?

Thanks.

Best way to check... ask'em. (800) 981-9663.

Tom

Yes, I planed to call them if no one chimed in with an answer but they were closed when I posted this and won't be open until later this morning. I'm just anxious to get it back together! I understand they have pretty good support!

Yes, I planed to call them if no one chimed in with an answer but they were closed when I posted this and won't be open until later this morning. I'm just anxious to get it back together! I understand they have pretty good support!
Any information in the manual? Might be something there, perhaps under maintenance?

They do. At least, that's always been my experience. I understand your haste to get it up and running. Been there, done that. Good luck and enjoy your machine.

Tom

Any information in the manual? Might be something there, perhaps under maintenance?
Nothing that I could find. The manual does seem very thorough but I didn't see anything about adjusting the belt. I just called LMS and left a message.

LMS called me back and the gentleman said the belt should have been adjusted correctly from the factory but shouldn't be so tight that it doesn't have any "give" when it's checked. I loosened it just a tiny bit and it sounds a lot better and the belt doesn't flop around so I guess I'm good to go.

Back