Resolved Log in function broken

Glenn Brooks

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
This morning, I can’t post anything without logging in each time I try to post.

Also, saw an alert, and tried to,open the alert. The site re directed me to a log in screen, each time I tried to read the alert.

I am using an IPad.

This morning, I can’t post anything without logging in each time I try to post.

Also, saw an alert, and tried to,open the alert. The site re directed me to a log in screen, each time I tried to read the alert.

I am using an IPad.
^^^^^^^^^^^^--- There's the problem. <BigGRIN> just kidding of course.
Tried my Android tablet, don't have a iPad floating around currently, and it worked OK.
Might be a cache problem with Safari. (If you're using safari...)

Upvote 0
Here is the pop up error message that occurs, after I am logged in, and immediately after I attempt to post to a thread.

This pop up occurs each time I try toedit.

Also, I just noticed when I close the site H-M.com, then return to it in my browser, I M Utomaticallly logged out. Never used to happen before. And 2) when I navigate to this site issues page, I am also automatically logged out. So I am wondering if some software upgrade does not recognize that I am logged in to begin with, and traps me in some endless log in loop...

29D3268B-3B92-47FC-9308-229C9259DDB3.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try a different browser, and then a different machine. That might help figure out what's causing it. Also, try logging out explicitly. Then reboot the machine and log back in.

I will comment that for several months, I had a similar problem. If I clicked the Home button, or if I clicked on the link to take me to a reported post, I got logged out. Then one day, it stopped happening.

Upvote 0
Try a different browser, and then a different machine. That might help figure out what's causing it. Also, try logging out explicitly. Then reboot the machine and log back in.

I will comment that for several months, I had a similar problem. If I clicked the Home button, or if I clicked on the link to take me to a reported post, I got logged out. Then one day, it stopped happening.

Ok, still happening. I dumped my browser history and the iPad cache containing all previous web site history. Turned off the iPad to clear memory and started up as fresh and new as the device allows. It is not possible to change browsers in an iPad. So using Apple Safari.

Still got exactly the same log in problems as before - and only on this site. Also navigating to the home page or another top level page instantly logs me out. I have no logg in problems on any other site.

Clearly there is some configuration issue with the site software. I hope you all can find the glitch and correct it.

Thanks
Glenn

Upvote 0
Ok, still happening. I dumped my browser history and the iPad cache containing all previous web site history. Turned off the iPad to clear memory and started up as fresh and new as the device allows. It is not possible to change browsers in an iPad. So using Apple Safari.

Still got exactly the same log in problems as before - and only on this site. Also navigating to the home page or another top level page instantly logs me out. I have no logg in problems on any other site.

Clearly there is some configuration issue with the site software. I hope you all can find the glitch and correct it.

Thanks
Glenn
Which iOS is your iPad running?

Upvote 0
Would there be any chance you can try installing Firefox for iOS? Not sure if it will go with 11 or not. I have not personally installed it on an iOS device since 8 or 9.
Perhaps that might help. Worth a shot.

/me thinks that I have finally *got to* get a hold of an iPad.
A retired acquaintance of ours has offered me his older one, but alas we haven't went by their place to visit...

Upvote 0
From Xenforo:

If your host has any aggressive caching or load balancing, this could cause a problem if XenForo thinks the users IP changes for whatever reason.

However, most times we find this is a problem with the end user if other members are finding the site working as normal.

Upvote 0
From Xenforo:

If your host has any aggressive caching or load balancing, this could cause a problem if XenForo thinks the users IP changes for whatever reason.

However, most times we find this is a problem with the end user if other members are finding the site working as normal.
I thought we were on a VPS? Are we back on a shared server?
I always get a kick out of putting the onus on the user.... Could be, however my dinking around with the site the last few days proves to me that our site is not very tablet friendly. When using a browser. Tapatalk might be better for some, I've never cared for it.
On a positive note, i haven't been logged off yet. Needto check the other two tablets.

Upvote 0
Back