Logan 1875, Proper Lubrication Questions

Thanks everyone for the replies! Looks like I'm going back to the Gits cups. Just trying to figure out which ones.

Closest I can find is a Style G, Part # 00501 which is listed as needing 11/16" of clearance around it. Mine will rotate within 1/2". Not that it has to screw in. Its just tight clearance for the one behind the cover.

I pulled the one near the tail stock for the end of the lead screw. It's a brass press in .250" with about .250 to press into the hole, approx. 1/2" tall overall and what nobody specs is 1/2" from hinge to front of cover.

I see some listed on the bay for South Bends and some for various types of machinery that look close. They will fit my bore, but the cup may be too big to clear. Too expensive to take a shot on. Some are over $20 each! I'll drill a hole in an 1/8" pipe plug before I pay that for a tiny oil cup.

I'm going to order the 00501's from amazombi and try them. Only $3.43 and free ship. If too big for the area behind gearbox cover, I'll stick the small one I pulled for measurements there.

I got all the crappy old grease washed out and proper lubes on the way.

Thanks everyone for for putting up with my noob trivial problem. This is why the other forums don't like noobs.

Found a better match. Style R Part # 00302. Ordering from same place a few cents more. I'll let you guys know if it works out. THANKS AGAIN!

Just a follow up in case anybody else runs into this. Gits Cup Style R, Part#00302 is a perfect match to the one I had on the end of the feed screw. Original is brass, new ones are not.

Also got a reply from Logan Actuator. I was told they never put grease fittings on this from the factory. I was also told it is OK to use them with the high pressure oil gun mentioned by another member here but, NOT to use grease.

Got all the grease cleaned out and lubed everything up with the proper lubricants. Wow, what a difference.

Everything is so smooth I was able to tighten things up a bit. The QCGB shifts smooth and the gear train doesn't "jingle" anymore.

Back