Logan 820

mooreswm

Registered
Registered
Hello All,
I am looking for a closeup photo of the 820 clutch engaging handle assembly. Mine has been rebuilt and only works soso. The clutch is in great shape.

Thanks and have a great machining day.
Steve

What specific photo do you need? I have a few:

Clutch Assembly - 1.jpg
Clutch Assembly - 2.jpeg
Clutch Assembly - 3.jpg
Clutch Assembly - 4.jpg
Clutch Assembly - 5.jpg
Clutch Assembly - 6.jpg

Reassembly of this sucker took the best out of me... it is tricky to get it right...

How does the nut engage the clutch? do you have a photo of the back of the knob. Mine has a lever with a knob that someone made up.
This is what mine had before... works great. I might change it back...

IMG_7528.jpeg

IMG_7397.jpeg

You turn it (like screwing the nut) to engage the clutch... and turn the other way to make it stop...

That looks good, I'm thinking the large nut as the original cam. tighten the nut and it engages the clutch. I think I might work on an inner threaded hub with a outer ring with a handle similar to the original knob. I'll keep you posted on it .
Thanks for your help
Steve

Did not meant to confuse you...

Original setup (big nut). Turn to tighten and it engages the clutch. Turn left to loosen and it releases the clutch.

The modified setup mine came with, I would just pull the lever and it would lock the clutch in place... push down the lever and it would release the clutch...

Last edited:
Can you share a photo of your setup?

I think I will make a threaded version of this this one is attached with the nut and has a grove that works as a cam but it needs to be tightened every so often.IMG_0356.JPG

Back