• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Logan 9B17-61, Need a Motor Pulley

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

CoolStuff

Swarf
Registered Member
I have a Logan 9B17-61 Lathe that was sold thru Wards. The lathe was brand new with surface rust and storage coating. The v-belt was still wrapped. However the lathe came without a motor or the motor pulley. The -61 version is a bench top model. I have a 1/2hp GE motor w 5/8" diameter shaft. I did purchase the manual from Logan Actuator.
I contacted Logan Actuator to purchase a pulley, but I was told it is obsolete and no longer available.
Does anyone have a pulley or the dimensions so that I can continue the restoration project?
I would also be interested in a gear box or set of gears for thread cutting also.

CoolStuff

Swarf
Registered Member
I saw this in the manual or parts list that I have from Logan. I think the dimensions may refer to the inner / outer dimensions for one of the V-belt grooves. The second groove should be a larger diameter. I was hoping that someone with a Logan 9B17 might be able to measure their pulley and maybe send a picture. if someone had a pulley for sale that would be helpful as well.

RandyM

Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Welcome to HM Cool Stuff from a fellow Badger. When you get a chance post a picture of your machine. We all would really like to see it. Good luck with your pulley endeavor.

CluelessNewB

Active Resistor
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I think the dimensions may refer to the inner / outer dimensions for one of the V-belt grooves. The second groove should be a larger diameter.
My gut feeling is that the 2-3/8" / 2-7/8" are the outside diameters of the two motor pulley speed steps. Try measuring your countershaft pulleys and compare them with the specified 6" / 6-3/8" that Logan listed for them. If the actual diameters match up with the listed ones I would suspect the motor pulley would also.

For what it's worth, I have a Logan 820, it's motor pulley is documented as 2-3/8" / 4" I measure mine as 2-3/8" / 4-1/8" outside diameters (a 1/8" discrepancy) The countershaft pulley measurements on my 820 are exactly as documented 8-5/8" / 10"

Yes please post pictures!

Last edited:
[6]
[5] [7]