• PHISHING SCAM attempt TARGETING HOBBY-MACHINIST members. It has been brought to our attention that a pop-up survey is soliciting userfeedback from H-M members. In exchange for survey information, the user is given an opportunity to win a prize if they pay for shipping charges. This is NOT a Hobby Machinist program, survey or contest. DO NOT click through the links. Close your browser immediately and restart your computer. Clear cookies, cache and log back into Hobby Machinist. Again, this is NOT a Hobby Machinist contest or survey - IT IS a PHISHING SCAM attempt to get your credit card information.To close this notification, click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.

Logan 9B17-61, Need a Motor Pulley

CoolStuff

Registered
Registered
I have a Logan 9B17-61 Lathe that was sold thru Wards. The lathe was brand new with surface rust and storage coating. The v-belt was still wrapped. However the lathe came without a motor or the motor pulley. The -61 version is a bench top model. I have a 1/2hp GE motor w 5/8" diameter shaft. I did purchase the manual from Logan Actuator.
I contacted Logan Actuator to purchase a pulley, but I was told it is obsolete and no longer available.
Does anyone have a pulley or the dimensions so that I can continue the restoration project?
I would also be interested in a gear box or set of gears for thread cutting also.

CoolStuff

Registered
Registered
I saw this in the manual or parts list that I have from Logan. I think the dimensions may refer to the inner / outer dimensions for one of the V-belt grooves. The second groove should be a larger diameter. I was hoping that someone with a Logan 9B17 might be able to measure their pulley and maybe send a picture. if someone had a pulley for sale that would be helpful as well.

CluelessNewB

Active Resistor
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I think the dimensions may refer to the inner / outer dimensions for one of the V-belt grooves. The second groove should be a larger diameter.
My gut feeling is that the 2-3/8" / 2-7/8" are the outside diameters of the two motor pulley speed steps. Try measuring your countershaft pulleys and compare them with the specified 6" / 6-3/8" that Logan listed for them. If the actual diameters match up with the listed ones I would suspect the motor pulley would also.

For what it's worth, I have a Logan 820, it's motor pulley is documented as 2-3/8" / 4" I measure mine as 2-3/8" / 4-1/8" outside diameters (a 1/8" discrepancy) The countershaft pulley measurements on my 820 are exactly as documented 8-5/8" / 10"

Yes please post pictures!

Last edited:
It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock