Logan lathe compound

Dustin beyer

Registered
Registered
Can anyone please tell me why on Logan 11” lathe compound rest the bottom slide that allows it to swivel and lock but why is the center drilled and threaded? I can’t seem to find anywhere about it! Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0999.png
    IMG_0999.png
    738.6 KB · Views: 1
Yes I think it may be for mounting the old turret style tool posts multifix type tool post? Because all 11” Logan’s and turret lathes came with this style from the earlier and smaller models cricular t slot design. I would think the t slot would clamp compound much better then the pins that wedge into my dovetail style but then it’s designed allows the compound to sit fully flat and seems to hav more surface contact.?? I’ve great debated on which style to use when I get to making a new cross slide honestly I thought the t slot was newer and superior until I discovered the dove tail is and much easier! But here’s some better pics thanks for your replies

Thinking of running my toolpost bolt all the way thru sandwiching the toolpost top and bottom slide. Only takes me back to original question and if these threads were for t post why attach it to the compound at all

Attachments

• IMG_1006.jpeg
    IMG_1006.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1004.jpeg
    IMG_1004.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1005.jpeg
    IMG_1005.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1007.jpeg
    IMG_1007.jpeg