Logan model 1955, SJ, CA

guero_gordo

Registered
Registered

Considering this one myself, but $1500 with no tooling? Thoughts?

Lathes are a little pricey around here these days. If the main bearings were done right and the ways are OK, and you need it, I think you can't go wrong.

I had this model as my first lathe, and ran it for 10 years. It does about everything you'd expect a lathe to do, the QCGB has all the threads and speeds you need, and I added an iGaging readout on X and Z. I sold it for $1200 with only a 4 jaw, but with a number of Phase II holders and tool post, and misc. lathe tools.

Redone like it is, I would much rather have this for $1500 than a new import of around the same size for what, twice that?

I would have a look. If it has new bearings in the headstock, that's worth a chuck of change right off
the bat. The 11" machine has a larger spindle bore than the 10", so that's an advantage as well.
When you say no tooling, does that mean no chucks?

I would have a look. If it has new bearings in the headstock, that's worth a chuck of change right off
the bat. The 11" machine has a larger spindle bore than the 10", so that's an advantage as well.
When you say no tooling, does that mean no chucks?
I'll need to clarify that. Presumably it does include the 3-jaw in the pic, but nothing else.

Back