Lola

Lola was a beauty! Sorry for your loss.

Hi John,

I am very sorry for the loss to you and your family.
Lola was a beautiful dog.

Her last day was filled with the joy of running on the beach and meeting new friends, what else could any of us ask for?

Indeed.

-brino

My condolences John. I'm also a life long dog lover. It breaks my heart when they pass because they aren't just pets. Every one has been a character and a big part of our family especially with the kids gone. We went for a long time without losing one but since we moved here and not going the puppy route anymore seems every 4-5yrs I'm back to the shelter seeing who wants to join our pack. For me the only way to fill the hole a dog leaves is with another. And there always seems to be some sweet dog who just wants a good home and wants to go for walks everyday.

Sorry for your loss John. We just lost one of our three, "Wiley", last fall. Wiley, a goofy mix of shep, lab and corgy (we think) just showed up in our front yard 12 years ago. A dog of a lifetime and we miss him every day.

Lola looked like one of those great dogs!

So sorry for your loss John.
Had a golden retriever that might have went the way Lola did. Was playing ball with no signs of distress, laid down and died with me holding her.
Sounds like you had a great one. Not many people take the time to condition a pet to the point they can be around other dogs and people without being a nuisance.
Saddie is 8 now, so we're on the short side of being together. She's my constant shadow. We live in the country, she only wears a collar when out in public. Rides on the snowmobile, atv, boat, canoe, sidecar of the bike, tractor, pretty much anything that moves. Only barks to let me know there's a squirrel in the yard.
Hope you find another companion.

Greg

Sorry for your loss. Dogs have always been a big part of life. On tough days when it seems everything has gone wrong it's great to see a wagging tail greeting you at the door. Over the years we've had 3 American Cocker Spaniels pass on, and we currently have 2 that are getting up in age. It's extremely tough to see them go, but not having one to come home to is even tougher. We've loved every one we've had and do dearly miss them.

I couldn't imagine coming home to an empty house. We did it for a couple months when our first one passed, but it was not a home without one or more pooches to greet you at the door. Hopefully in time you'll find another. I'm sure the new one will never replace the one you lost, but there will always be room for another happy face and wagging tail.

Our dachshund Panzer made his final trip to the Vet 2 weeks ago. He was 15yrs 3 months.
I wonder when I will stop looking for him when I get up.
It will get easier.

Such a great picture too.
Robert

My sympathies go out to you. I also lost a great family member, Bailey, a few years ago, devastating, I'll never go thru that again. I think I grieved more for her than when I lost my parents, except when we lost our infant grandchild.

Back