Looking for a benchtop mill... found RF-31

Looks like I've missed it - call the seller tonight and he said that it's sold - someone is bringing money tomorrow, will call if no show... Oh well.

I hate to be vague, but it's all about the included tooling. Don't see a vise, that's several hundred $$. The drive is interesting in that I've never seen one on the right side and it was not adapted, it's made that way. Mine is on the left and all the ones I've seen for mill/drills is on the left. The fact it's been on there for a month says something about the price as it is pretty high. But every area is different. It's hard to see but does it have marks on the table? If it had a decent vise, collets, a selection of mill bits and was in decent shape I would think $1500, $1800 tops. I believe you can get them from Grizzley for like $2500 new, but I've not looked in a while.

Just for comparison in my neighborhood..........with a DRO too!
Yeah, that’s kinda unfair as LA/San Diego is lousy with good deals. Like Bridgeport for $12-1500 a lot. Not everywhere is like here. I got my old RF30 that looked like the one above for $450. With a drilled to death vise, small set of the original Enco collets, a welded table with several burned up mill bits and semi useless drill chuck. That was after 6mo of watching and shopping.

I know it's already gone, but a few comments about that first one......
1) that amount of rust should be removable, yes it's work, but worth it!
2) that is a drill-press vise, not a milling vise.
3) whenever I see or hear about bent handles, I always worry "Was this machine tipped over?" ....and with that big dent in the chip/oil pan I worry even more. If a machine was tipped/dropped, it can easily have broken castings, bent lead screws and other damage that may not be immediately apparent.

Good luck with your search!

Brian

Yes, I didn’t notice the bent pan until I looked again.
the handles & that are signs of rough treatment or a capsize.
Once again Brino, we find ourselves in complete agreement.
cheers ;-)

Back