Looking For A Couple Of Atlas Items

j_zuilkowski

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm trying to find a 12" late model Atlas long bed. I have the short one, but I really want the longer one. The usual sources haven't turned up anything for the past several months. I had one guy reply, but he didn't want to ship it to me.

The other thing I'm looking for is a motor pulley for a 6" Mk2. For some reason, same story on this, they seem to be inexplicably rare.

Thanks

I'm trying to find a 12" late model Atlas long bed. I have the short one, but I really want the longer one. The usual sources haven't turned up anything for the past several months. I had one guy reply, but he didn't want to ship it to me.

The other thing I'm looking for is a motor pulley for a 6" Mk2. For some reason, same story on this, they seem to be inexplicably rare.

Thanks

J:

I was in the same shape with an Atlas 618. I finally went to Clausing and they sent me the stock sheave of turned metal (quite the upgrade over the cast zinc stuff that came with the lathe) for something like 90 pesos or so. This was about three years ago so the cost has probably escalated.

Best

edj

J_,

I have a 12x36 bed off of a late Craftsman bench model but I have no idea what condition it is in. It is one of two that I bought from K5JV who bought 8 or 10 of them after a well known (can't recall the name right now) transformer re-winder in Texas went out of business several years ago. A local friend and fellow MV and Mil Radio nut made one good one out of the two and the remains have been under a tarp for several years. It still has the headstock and tailstock on it but that shouldn't take too long to remove. I do not want to sell the lead screw as it would fit my 3996 if I ever wear it out. But the rack could go with the bed.

It will most likely need to go into an electrolysis tank.

I also have (unrelated to the lathe) a Craftsman 12" table saw that was surplused out in 2010 when I inherited my father-in-law's Shopsmith.

I am in Houston/Spring Branch about a mile north of I-10 and a block inside BW8.

It would be the bed for this model (this isn't mine):

5306541_orig.jpg

Back