Looking for a source for small gauge wire that's highly flexible.

DAN_IN_MN

Active User
Registered
Trying to find a source for small gauge wire that's highly flexible around 22 ga. I don't need a whole 100' roll.

Here's what it would be used on. The important stuff! (at least for now it it)

Edward 2.jpgEdward 1.jpg

The coupling between the tender and engine gets a lot of flexing.

Edward 2.jpg Edward 1.jpg

Maybe music wire or guitar strings? Know any bass fishermen that make their own bass spinners?

Chuck

Trying to find a source for small gauge wire that's highly flexible around 22 ga. I don't need a whole 100' roll.

Here's what it would be used on. The important stuff! (at least for now it it)

The coupling between the tender and engine gets a lot of flexing.

Does it have to be metal? Nylon would stand up to the flexing and behave more like a hose.

If you go into Radio Shack, they sell jumper wires for circuits that are fine gauge.
You would just have to clip off the alligators on the end.

- - - Updated - - -

If you go into Radio Shack, they sell jumper wires for circuits that are fine gauge.
You would just have to clip off the alligators on the end.

The tender provides power to the engine.

I see. I thought you were just wanted something that would look like an air hose. Look for insulated stranded wire. I've got some that might be suitable. I could mail you a few inches.

I'd look for wire made for test leads. They are designed for a lot of flexing over their lifespan, being made from many strands of very small wire, and usually are soft silicone jacketed. Might be hard to find in a small gauge though. I'll dig though my junkbox.

Or look up Litz wire for an education on special purpose small gauge wire. It's primary use isn't for flex, though. It is flexible, however.

Just had another thought. Get a CAT5 jumper (patch cable) and strip out what you need. It's stranded, flexible and AWG 24.

Back