Looking for a source for small gauge wire that's highly flexible.

Just had another thought. Get a CAT5 jumper (patch cable) and strip out what you need. It's stranded, flexible and AWG 24.

Now, you're telling me something that I knew and had forgotten about! :LOL:

I have a few of these around here. I'll see how they hold up to the bending.

Thank you to others suggestions and offers!

Though it won't help you with your current project, I thought I may mention that very flexible wire of standard gauge and outer diameter is called machine tool wire.

I had to rewire the rats nest that was in the power cabinet of my Nardini lathe. I found machine tool wire by accident while I was shopping for some special connectors online. It is a joy to use and will lay any way you put it. Not much more expensive than THHN stranded wire, but it is extremely flexible and great for tight spaces or if you're a fanatic for neat wiring. It's description abbreviation is MTW.

I would use small braided soft aircraft cable---or go the scrounge way and find a carriage return cable in an electric typewriter---or printer-----they are really tough and very flexible--I can go through my my supplies and find something if you can't locate a piece---Dave
* I just remembered about the nice small gauge flexible grounding straps that can be found in many items that are scrapped---Dave

Last edited:
Dan---it may be too late but today I ran across a very small .035 OD-----very flexible 5' cable from a printer---it has a very thin clear coating but the cable will carry the current---If you still need it just PM me your address and I will send it or I can bring it to Daryl's get together------Dave

Back