Looking for Atlas mill guards

WilliamA

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Good morning all. Looking to purchase two belt guards for my Atlas horizonatal milling machine, the grandkids are always in my shop just a little added protection.

Are belts guards an option on your machine? They were on my lathe, but not every machine came with or had them. I bought several lathes and made one good one to get belt covers and guards.
If you have a part number, there are sellers on Ebay that will have them.

I also have smaller safety glasses for my kids.

Honestly l made an assumption that they would fit, l think they were an option. Did a little research they were an option. Thanks for replying. E-bay is just so hard to reach the people.

Post a photo of your machine, I bet someone here has one and can tell you what the part number is and even where to get them.

Not sure which guard you’re looking for, but a guy I follow on YouTube makes parts for Atlas mills, lathes, and shapers. His prices are really good in my opinion. Hillsgun is the YouTube channel and Atlasmachinshop.com is his store. I have bought a couple things from him and believe I got a super price. He does an eBay video every so often about Atlas items being sold and identifies if they’re overpriced. I‘d say he’s an underutilized resource for this arena.

Thanks everyone for replying. I’ve been talking to several people in the US who make and sell reproductions and orginal parts. I thought ld try and see if l could get the parts in Canada. Not sure what the duty is on machine parts or even if there is a duty, does anyone know? Id love to get the orginal dividing head as well, but 900$ it’s almost another mill.

Belt guards for the Atlas mills appear on eBay. They are scarce and costly. If you know someone skilled with sheet metal he might be able to form and weld a suitable replacement. I wonder if guards could be 3D printed. Maybe in sections and bonded together?

The Atlasmachineshop.com product may be your best option if that is the guard you need.

Have had this for several years. Don’t know what it fits. Think maybe I got with atlas parts.

Attachments

• D0B4ED0F-1004-485A-9B32-8CC6C2F38625.jpeg
    D0B4ED0F-1004-485A-9B32-8CC6C2F38625.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 18
  • A9755C33-0190-4D13-AE88-C8423A51A76A.jpeg
    A9755C33-0190-4D13-AE88-C8423A51A76A.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 19
Sure looks like the lower belt guard, are there any numbers on it?

Back