Looking For Bijur Oil Sight Glass- Press In Style--

Many times it is just that the o-rings or other type seals have gone bad. O-rings would be imperial sized and easy to find. That is usually a pretty easy fix, just need to drain the machine and see what you have there.

+1

I restore and revitalize a lot of old motorcycles. One of the major problems is neoprene o-rings and oil seals aging out and becoming hard. Neoprene is cheap but not totally oil resistant, so they all need replacing after 30 years.

This is not a difficult issue since o-rings and seals, like bearings, are pretty well standardized across the world. An o-ring selection kit is a invaluable thing to keep around. It even allows you to add o-rings to shafts that should have had one on pre-1950 machines.

+1

I restore and revitalize a lot of old motorcycles. One of the major problems is neoprene o-rings and oil seals aging out and becoming hard. Neoprene is cheap but not totally oil resistant, so they all need replacing after 30 years.

This is not a difficult issue since o-rings and seals, like bearings, are pretty well standardized across the world. An o-ring selection kit is a invaluable thing to keep around. It even allows you to add o-rings to shafts that should have had one on pre-1950 machines.
Hi guys,
Several people suggested cleaning the glass or replacing the o-ring. I would have done that, but having replaced one of the sight glasses on the main part of the machine (the guy who sold it to me gave me the replacement sight glass), I could that I could not remove these press in sight glasses without destroying them-- hence the need for new ones.
Thanks to all for your help.
Bob

Back