Looking for Boyar Schultz 612 surface grinder parts

moto52000

Registered
Registered
Spindle guard, spanners, bellows.
Also, maybe more important I'd really like to chat with someone with experiance rebuilding one of these.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just went through mine. I have a 8 part video series on the process on my you tube channel if interested. I looked for years on E-bay hoping to find an original guard but never did. I bought a generic spanner to remove the hub nut.

bellows can be had from McMaster Carr, same with spanners sopko brand is what you want. As for a wheel guard keep your eye out on eBay they come up. I also have a boyar Shultz and have rebuilt the whole machine except scraping it. Ask away.

The bellows were shot on mine, I wound a spring and stretched a bicycle inner tube over it. Been working for several years now.

Greg

Hi. NCjeeper, I looked on YouTube at your site and did not find the rebuild series. You have some neat jeep vids though.

Thank for responding guys. Here is a pic of the motor mount slide. This is the only slide axis I see ANY sign of scraping. Before I removed this I was thinking maybe this model didn't get scraped. I guess that tells me the slide ways are severly worn. I'd love to do this right and have a nice grinder if worth it. I've never scraped anything. I searched the net to see if I can find anyone that can/will do it just to understand what it would cost. Any input on this would be a good start.
Thanks
fe175a1fc0afdb3190476da0c43d6aea.jpg

Ok, got it. I was searching for Ncjeeper. I found your videos earlier and subscribed. I'll finish the series soon. Thanks!

Back