Looking for input on how to construct a tool post grinder.

Ray:
I saw this thread and copied some pics and some directions before I posted my request for input. I like what you have done!
This would be great to have. As ddmunroe asked what kind of bearing are in the 4671 tpg. No one responded to his question of bearings. Cheap junk is still junk and not worth the money. The info on the web site does not supply much info. and no one else has stated that they bought one or are using one of the 4671 tpg. Thanks for your reply, keep in touch. DBQ49er

Ray:
I saw this thread and copied some pics and some directions before I posted my request for input. I like what you have done!
This would be great to have. As ddmunroe asked what kind of bearing are in the 4671 tpg. No one responded to his question of bearings. Cheap junk is still junk and not worth the money. The info on the web site does not supply much info. and no one else has stated that they bought one or are using one of the 4671 tpg. Thanks for your reply, keep in touch. DBQ49er

I managed to get a Nachi P5 taper bearing at a very low price on eBay. I no longer have the model number but I once tried to look it up and couldn't find it. It was something similar to this but with a smaller bore diameter. http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit13628

Anyhow, a P5 or ABEC 5 quality bearing that suits your chosen shaft diameter will do the trick. You can probably find a 20mm one for 50 or 75 bucks. I wasn't worried about ultra quality on the driving (radial) side bearing because the force of the wave washers keeps the taper bearing crammed into position.

Ray

Made these several years ago. Posted a lot of photos of both here on Hobby Machnist.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Both have 0-90 volt DC motors and variable speed drive.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Back