MON Looking for pics or plans for tailstock crank for larger Monarch

TORQUIN

Registered
Registered
I have a Series 60, 14" with a very heavy tailstock. On some of these larger lathes they came with a swing-away crank to move the tailstock. I know because I have seen it in the manual and in pics of large Monarchs. I would like to make one myself, since I doubt that anyone would part one off of anything but a junk lathe, and you don't see junk Monarchs very often.

Does anyone have any plans for building one of these?
Can anyone give me several close-up pics of theirs, so I can get some ideas for making my own?
Also, in the pics I have seen, I cannot tell if the gear contacts the lead screw or the rack under the bed. I think mine will have to contact the lead screw regardless, because my rack does not go all the way to the end of the bed. I do not know if the lathes with a crank have a rack that goes all the way to the end.
I will also need info on the pinion gear, if possible, as I need to make or buy one of those for this project.

Thanks,
Chris

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock