Looking for suggestions on concrete traction paint or covering.

Not sure how it holds up to exposer but I have used the off the shelf epoxy kits with no slip grit.
Prep is key. Surface must be clean and dry.
My friend used spray on bed liner at the lip of his drive where it goes from asphalt to concrete so far holding up great.
I cant tell you what it is , but I got chunks of industrial no slip rubber flooring from a flooring company for my basement laundry room. 5/8 thick and heavy heavy. Not sure if snow and ice would freeze to it.

Last edited:
Not sure how it holds up to exposer but I have used the off the shelf epoxy kits with no slip grit.
Prep is key. Surface must be clean and dry.
My friend used spray on bed liner at the lip of his drive where it goes from asphalt to concrete so far holding up great.
I used whatever outdoor paint that was recommended for a wood porch floor. Wasn't epoxy or anything like that. Have walked in and out the kitchen door to the porch and the outside for more than 5 years. It's not quite as grippy as it used to be, but there's a lot of foot traffic through there. The area is our primary access for the house. Might repaint in a year or so, if it's needed. Since it's just basically porch paint with sand, it isn't hard to redo. It's still non slip, so I'm holding off repainting.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Thanks for all the input. We don't get very much snow or ice build-up, the building has shade cloth on both sides. What little snow gets in there is really fine we keep it swept out.

Our local hardware store carries the sand for paint, so that sounds like the way to go. In the spring.

We are headed to the big city on Wednesday we are going to stop by Home Depot and see about picking up a piece of outdoor carpet to throw down for the rest the winter.

Back