Looking for vertical band saw

I was heart broken when the Rutland got away. I've got a couple of jobs coming up pretty quickly so I've got one of these units in transit. They've received solid reviews from actual owners. It's by no means the end of the search for a more robust unit but should suffice in the interim. I've got the deep throat Milwaukee portaband and thanks to the member that posted about the Morse blade promotion I have a few of those in stock so this should get me up and running for the short term. I've had a PM about a DoAll and a Delta/Rockwell as well as the Wilton that xman is offering up but all 3 units are in CA. By the time I pay for the machine + shipping I feel like I'd be upside down from jumpstreet or at least have as much in it as I can buy a brady new unit locally. Does this make sense or am I looking at it wrong?

Regardless, thanks for all the replies and input. I'm still looking.

Dale

Last edited:
I've pulled the trigger on a vertical band saw, kinda. I've been looking at these units from Swag Offroad but really wanted the real deal, and still do. In the mean time I'm going to use my Milwaukee portaband in this neat little table until I'm able to upgrade. I've got a project I need to get started on and a bandsaw will be the first tooling involved.

I've got to say it's a nice sturdy unit and will do what I need it to do for the time being and probably longer.

I bought the raw table in lieu of the powder coated one. I just primed it with header primer then painted it wrinkle black and baked the paint on like I do bike parts.

Primed:

DSCN0495_zps3c8e13ad.jpg

Painted and ready for the oven:

DSCN0496_zpsce5382d1.jpg

Assembled and ready to go to work:

DSCN0497_zps73754a74.jpg

I opted for the on-off foot control option so I wouldn't have to fiddle around with reaching around the table and messing with a clamp for the trigger. As a kind surprise they included an Incra miter fence (made in the USA even) at no charge. So I'm in a band saw for about 200 bucks to the door. Granted, it's somewhat limited but it will do what I need to do for the time being.

It's a really sturdy set up. I'm pleased with what it is and what I paid for it. And I'm also using the Morse blade freebie that a member (I apologise, can't remember who) so graciously posted not long ago.

Back