Looking to Purchase some old machine tool

You can make out the edge of the taper attachment behind the carriage in the first pic.

I got the serial # off the Lathe today; TMWQE 14765. Any ideas as to when it was made. My guess would be 1945, 46, 47.

Sheldan’s are good lathes. But 2500.00 seems a bit pricey unless it’s very well tooled up. I’m no expert on Kansas...but I thought you had a Boeing factory there. Should be some machinery in my opinion. So it can’t be a total machinery desert.

What year is it Capt45?
Going over the pictures again it really does look in nice condition.

That's what I'm trying to find out. I now have the serial # TMWQE14765. Figuring late 1940's .

So I "pulled the trigger" on buying an old Sheldon 12 x 72 with quick change gear box and that's the good news. I don't have a operators manual so I'm lost. I'm looking on *bay for a manual and hopefully score one there. Wish me luck.

I don’t know much about Sheldon Lathes. The little I’ve investigated shows a lot of11” and 13” lathes. Anyway they were somewhat popular and Vintage Machinery dot Org has about 60 downloads of Sheldon manuals and flyers. This might help you Capt

Here’s an ID’s catalog on Sheldons by serial numbers. Looks like maybe a M model ?

Thanks Tim; I've been to Vintage Machinery before, don't know why I didn't think of that.

Congratulations......the addiction grows...lol

Back