Lost gear tree pin

newman

Registered
Registered
Hi All. Newbie here and I come to the experts to help with a lost gear tree pin. I took my SB 9A gear box apart and have lost the pin that keeps the stacked gear together. I read some where that one guy used a nail and it has been running for years. Would anyone have the source for that pin? Thanks Rick

From what I remember on my 9SB most of the pins used are taper pins which are readily available from McMaster or other suppliers - Its a matter of which size you need, I would not use a nail == Jack

Hi Jack. The pin I am looking for ( and I am still looking for it) is the straight pins that goes horizontally thru the stack of pins that keep them from turning on the shaft

Hi Jack. The pin I am looking for ( and I am still looking for it) is the straight pins that goes horizontally thru the stack of pins that keep them from turning on the shaft
From the prints I have on the 9A that is a straight pin, so you could make one if you wished or you could order one from Grizzly - I have bought SB parts from them and gotten good service - Jack

I haven't had a model A for a while. If you're talking about the double gears or compound gears (not sure of the proper term) in the qc box, Jack is right. Just make pins with an interference fit. They'll stay put.

Thanks all. I have found the pin in question and the rebuild goes on.

Back