Lost my bearings.........

give Boca Bearing a call, or visit their website. Bearing companies have mostly gone by the wayside. I used to have 2 I could rely on... No longer in business. They are available in industrial areas (where they still exist).
Yes, I've used ceramic Boca bearings on 2 cycle gas model airplane engines. They were impressive and industructable. Will take another look

Just for grins try "The Good Old Motorcycle" people.
https://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com/
Thanks much for that link. It really helps. Zeroing in on things!

Attachments

• XR.jpg
    XR.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 6
Many years ago, I was rebuilding a Craftsman single stage snowblower built in the 1970's. I tried to order parts from Sears using the parts manual that came with the machine. The part numbers had been superseded so many times they were unable to find the correct bearings. I called our local Motion Industries distributor and explained the situation. They asked me to bring in the old parts and they would match them up. Even though most of the bearings were well worn they were able to find the exact replacements. The best part was they were about half the price Sears was asking. The snowblower was finally put out to pasture in 2017. Not a bad run for a machine built in 1974.

There are ways to identify the bearing yourself and buy it locally.

If there are numbers on the bearing enter those on eBay to see if the bearing is available as an auto part.

Or measure the dimensions of the bearing and put that into eBay. It may identify the part and show what it fits. For example that bearing fits a 2010 Ford Mustang. Then take that data to the auto parts store and buy your part.

Enter the part number in a search site to try to find out what else it may fit.

EDIT: Individual bearings have differences in quality and precision. Consideration needs to be made on which particular bearing you go with, what is it going to be used for. In many cases the part at the auto store fits what you need just fine.

As an example I found out the bearings I needed for my lathe spindle were the same as a wheel bearing for a car. For that I needed high precision so I ordered the exact bearing I needed with precision ratings for my lathe spindle.

Last edited:
Back