M1-570 End Mill Driver

tr7sprint1

Registered
Registered
Hi fellow machinist,

does anyone have atlas M1-570 end mill driver dimensions or a drawing? I'd like to make this item.

thanks,

Clifton Davis
here in Illinois

Clifton,

That's actually called a shell mill driver or shell mill arbor. I have one - somewhere. When I find it, if someone else hasn't turned up a factory drawing or done one, I'll do it.

Clifton,
Here's a couple of pictures. I can dim it for you if you like unless wa5cab (Robert) already got a start on it. I saw there are two on eBay right now. When I looked, one was $63 and the other was $83 if memory serves me.
Regards,
Jeremy

FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Thanks,

I'll create a 3d model and drawing with dimensions you provide.

I got outbid on the used one.

Well, I thought that I was going to save you the trouble by acquiring a copy of the M1-570 factory drawing. But I gave the girl the wrong part number and by the time I realized it, it was too late to call her back. I'll call in the morning and give her the correct part number. Fortunately, as it turns out, I haven't yet acquired an M1-577 1/2" cutter holder. So it won't be a total loss.

FWIW and the benefit of those few here who knew or at least dealt with her, Jolene Olds retired in February. After 38 years with Clausing. When she first went to work for them, they were still making Atlas lathes. Who knows, she may have handled the paperwork to ship my lathe to Houston. :)

Bad news on the M1-570 Shell End Mill Driver. Clausing doesn't have the part and doesn't have the drawing.

They did, however, have the drawings on the 7/8" and 1" arbors and associated parts (or most of them). As soon as I get the drawings cleaned up, I will upload them to Downloads. I already uploaded the arbor driver drawing. It took very little cleanup. There was a note on it that said it was re-drawn in the early 50's. So it took very little cleanup.

Has anyone sketch the dimension for the m1-570 end mill driver?

Cliff

Any progress on these drawings? Not pushing you, but the thread is getting pushed down the queue and I didn't want it to drop out of sight.

:frog:

Back