Machine oiling ?

Just take them out and install a central oiling system. Those ball oilers will start loosing balls soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just take them out and install a central oiling system. Those ball oilers will start loosing balls soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be an option for only a few.
Machine is a Grizzly G0463. Now discontinued, replaced by the G0619.

That is one of the oilers I have,

I have one of those as well: it's a good oiler.
I just jam the tip into the ball oiler and give it a few pumps. There's always a little leakage, but it doesn't bother me.

Last edited:
I've made a few oiler tips. Brass with a tiny O-ring super glued in a cavity. Itbsesls around the firing and pumps right through the fitting. Best method I've found for ball oilers!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It depends on if you need some decent pressure. Some lube locations can work with a drip feed oiler. My lathe and mill fittings all seem to need a bit of pressure. I fiddled around with a few squirt oilers, that worked for about 80% of the fittings. I can't imagine trying to fit in one shot oilers - that would be crazy effort. There are various efforts described on line to convert a regular grease gun, or a push grease gun (for power saw roller nose bar).

I finally broke down and purchased a Reilang oil gun. It has a changeable end so you can use it on the cup or nipple style fittings, it doesn't leak, works at any angle, delivers decent pressure. I wish I'd bought it years earlier. Yes, it was expensive, but a lot cheaper than not getting oil where it needs to be. Cheaping out on the lube efforts is a false economy.

Back