Machinists gathering

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Turns out there are at least 4 of us on this forum from the Murfreesboro, Tn. area Myself, Benny, Bob & Phil. There may be others nearby. So I was thinking maybe we could put together a informal machinist gathering where we could work on group projects, teach/learn, help each other fix/restore machinery, swap stuff, drink coffee or tell lies. We all run into each other at least once a week at the scrap yard. So I'm just thinking out loud about this and hope the other 3 are interested and maybe a few more. We could meet each time at a different guys work space. You guys interested?

We come down to the Tn State Fairgrounds and set up at the flea market several times a year. You folks could have a feild trip and stop in and visit.:biggrin:

We come down to the Tn State Fairgrounds and set up at the flea market several times a year. You folks could have a feild trip and stop in and visit.:biggrin:

What ya sell? Me and my buddy Benny love to go to the flea market, I set up there once last year.

Let us know when your gonna be there

Wish I could join you folks, but I probably won't be in that area till the 4th of July. I have kinfolk living in Franklin, Brentwood, and Nashville. I was in Murfreesboro on July 3rd 2010 at the Northern Tool store. My wife woke up that saturday morning in Franklin and told me she wanted me to take her shopping. Ok, where to and she said Northern Tool. I said, lets go. LOL

Pat

yeah, well, I have a HF within 40 miles of me now, but no Northern Tool.

Pat

What ya sell? Me and my buddy Benny love to go to the flea market, I set up there once last year.

Charley we are woodworkers------we will be there this month(April)--- booth is already paid for.

A get together sounds like fun.

Yes, I love flea markets. The trouble is the Nashville flea market rarely has any good machinist stuff. I miss the ones in the East around the Boston area.

Benny

Benny if you walk enough miles and look long enough you just might find some good stuff. But you are right it's far and few between.

Hey Charley (Benny too) I'd be interested in a trip to the flea market, in fact, I was just thinking about that the other day. I would definitely be on track for the informal meetings and coffee as well. I think it sounds great as far as I'm concerned. I wish I had read this thread yesterday, as I ran into Phil just today. Maybe could havee gotten his thoughts on it.
Bob

Back