Made 2 discoveries today

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Well actually Benny did, First one was when I was showing him my tapping head that Paul gave me , He noticed right away that it had a morris taper to R8 adapter, :high5: A big plus as now I can use my drill chuck on my mill. I actually noticed it before but it never really turned on any light bulbs. I had to make a wedge tool to knock it out. Thanks again Paul.

The other discovery was a tag on my mill on the cradle just below the table. Benny asked what that tag that said "Tibot" on it was (I think he was hoping I had a frankenport) A closer look and the fine print said "Hard Chrome Ways" another BONUS. A while back while the mill was still at Benny's house I was looking at the ways and asked him if they were Chrome because they looked rather shiny, he said "No that shiny just means it's wore":nono: I'm hoping the other one has them too, I would think that adds a little resale value?????:headscratch::shrugs:

I didn't know my BP mill had hard chrome ways either, till my machinist buddy pointed it out to me. I'm happy about that. I'd like to have a tapping head but I picked up a Lassy Tapper table which works really good.
I also just got an R8 to mt2 collet for my BP. I found it at a yard sale for a dollar. My lathe is MT2, so I have a ton of chucks that I can use on the BP. I can also center my rotary table now with a dead center from my lathe installed on the BP spindle. Makes for a quick setup.

Isn't this fun.:biggrin:

Back