Made a contraption

Have you considered making a lifting plate. that way it's secured on 2 t slots. Its less likely to slip out
it can be as simple as an angle iron with holes in it for the t slot bolts and a hole for a hook in the middle over the center hole.
if you position them close to the center, you wouldn't even have to tighten it all the way, just enough that the nut is threaded fully.

So it sleeps well :)
I live close to the ocean with an inland breeze, everything rusts, just hoping for some protection from the salt air.
Good idea on the lifting plate. Not sure if tightening the jaws on the vise is a safe lifting strategy.

$0.02 worth from a former occasional crawler crane operator. keep your test pallet or platform close to the floor, I'm thinking 2 inches but that is your call. No feet or fingers under it. @JRout discusses a 2:1 safety ratio which I agree would be a minimum. I think OSHA has a timed test limit when hoisting platforms that people work from. Perhaps something to consider. Good luck with your "contraption".
Have a good day!
Ray

I bought a 12" rotary table which was pretty heavy.
I wanted to use it and at the time had no lift set up.
Well I picked it up slow and steady and used it on my miller that night.
Well the next day my right leg was in extreme pain,
For about a week I could hardly walk.
My doctor said I was lucky not to have caused more damaged to my leg,
I have purchased a hoist but still have not set it up yet,

Last edited:
Back