Made a granite topped family room table with Ironbark frame

I never realized how many variations of granite there were till I started doing Google image searches on granite.

"Granite" is a sort of coverall term, just like "ice cream".
My kitchen table is granite, too, but it's far different from yours:

white_granite.jpg

And this white granite wouldn't fit with your legs so perfectly as the dark one you had.
(hint: never disassemble something with microscopic screws on a granite table!!!)

white_granite.jpg

Bradrock beat me to it!, first time your wife catches you bluing it up will confirm it! Beautiful table and chairs, well done!
Phil
UK

When you built those chairs, they probably didn't have biscuit joiners either. A biscuit joiner works really well for those types of joints. File that in the back of your mind for any future projects. It's really hard to screw up a biscuit joint because the biscuit jointer has a blade height and depth adjustment and you can buy different size biscuits. You can get a decent biscuit joiner for about $100 around here. Well worth it .

Still a nice job.:))

Marcel

Hi Marcell, I had a look at these biscuit joiners and how they work on Youtube. Might have to suggest to the missus that I need one as I have several cubic meters of hardwood timber planks drying in the shed, which I eventually hope to turn into benches, bookcases etc.

Cheers

Ed.

Back