Made a holder for my Morse Taper drills

twooldvolvos

Registered
Registered
Today I dusted off my wife's grandfathers tool chest and started to clean up a box of Morse Taper drills. Some were rusty and the set is incomplete but it is a good start and I should be able to use them in my South Bend 10K if I get a MT 2 to MT 1 adaptor for my tail stock. To help organize them, I made a holder.

mTDrills.JPG

Very nice. I did similar but I don't have the fine woodworking skills you possess.

e7ffcdd4116fc2fd2a69363c2df8c167.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good Dan . I sent a PM to you as you have something coming anyway . I may have that adapter you're looking for down the basement , out in the garage , or down the shop . Dave

Very nice. I did similar but I don't have the fine woodworking skills you possess.

e7ffcdd4116fc2fd2a69363c2df8c167.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice. I looked at your storage and thought how difficult it must have been to work with that heavy steel. I guess its just what you are comfortable working with. I see metal as a huge challenge compared to wood. The tools and materials are a lot more expensive for starters. And of course the tolerances are generally so much more precise. But the challenge is part of the fun. Thanks for sharing.

Back