Made a new pulley speed label for my PM935 this morning.

That's a VERY nice looking and useful label! Now here's a suggestion for your next "OCD" task:

I've always disliked the fact that spindle rotation is reversed on a mill when "back gear" is engaged. So I added a microswitch to the head, which senses the position of the clutch arm. The microswitch reverses the sense of the forward/reverse VFD control. That way, you're ALWAYS going forward when you set the control to forward. Details (for my PM835S) are in this post:

Thats some outside the box thinking. I like it. That's definitely going on my to-do list.

You explained all very well. Thank you.
It all makes sense when viewing from your perspective (knowledge).

One more clarification please. "LOW" range on the plaque = back gear, correct?

You explained all very well. Thank you.
It all makes sense when viewing from your perspective (knowledge).

One more clarification please. "LOW" range on the plaque = back gear, correct?

Yes, exactly. Not sure if it's technically correct or not, but it's what popped into my head when I was drawing it in CAD.

I used the same CNC drag tool/cerakote to built my lathe and mill control panels. Not as nice as some, but it produced results that I'm happy with. A coworker gave me a sheet of 2' x 4' x .125" 6061 aluminum sheet. I used most all of it making DRO scale brackets, control panels, and little data plates.

I'm just stuck with a label maker :(

I'm just stuck with a label maker :(

A label maker works just fine. All the equipment I built before I got the CNC mill is set up with decal labels. The same cerakote oven I built from an old cabinet smoker, and baked those control panels in, has stick on labels. 10 years after building it, the same label decals are working like a champ. Nothing wrong with that!

Back