Mag base and dial gauge holder

The fine adjust on top can be tricky to set with a half or tenth indicator. I do it all the time with no problem but it required some practise.
My choice was the medium size because it had a stronger magnet than the small one for vertical surfaces, and the extra reach into tight spots has been handy on occasion. I have two DG61003 and might get a third one eventually to mount a third indicator.

Looking at the April MSC flyer which has the Noga magnetic bases and indicators on sale, it's a little weird because the models shown don't seem to match what's on the Noga website. For instance, I'm interested in MSC# SK87941514 which comes with a 1" indicator and T-shirt for $109. They list the Mfr Part No. as: 7410097/7645007. I can find no mention of this on Noga's website. I'm not sure which magnetic base model I'm getting. Plus, there's no details on the indicator.

I guess this is a special promotion, but what am I getting?

Just in case anyone else is interested, I emailed MSC and found out that the Noga base is model DG10533. The indicator is nothing special. It's a MSC# 7645007 valued at $24. I can always upgrade the indicator in the future. In any case, it's a good deal and I ordered it!

Good bye, crappy mag base!

I agree with Mikey, Tozguy and everyone else touting Noga. I have four different style Noga's, and they are all excellent products. Well-made and operate flawlessly. You get what you pay for.

Regards

My Noga mag base and indicator from MSC came in. What a joy to use! It is so smooth and precise! I should have bought one years ago.

So as to not double post, there's a pic in this thread.

Back