magnetic contactor

Kevin o

Registered
Registered
im looking for a supplier for this magnetic contactor , its for a busy bee lathe df 1237g can anyone identify this from another source thxIMG_9313.JPGIMG_9311.JPG

I took my similar one apart and cleaned it.
Works well now.
Take notes and pay attention, it is pretty easy

So long as the coil picks up the contacts & releases them, a good clean up / contact burnishing is all that is required. If you are in need of a new coil, try a direct replacement & rebuild it anyway. If that simply is not an option, there are many modern versions available. This would require knowing just how many normally open & normally closed contacts are needed.

Small contactors like that are used lots in the HVAC industry, I'd take it it to one of your local HVAC supply houses. They are relatively in expensive. You're in Canada like myself so most of the other suggestions mentioned can be a pain, expensive , or last chance.

thx for all the help guys , i did take it apart the 4th contact down looks like one side welded a bit , as this is a new to me lathe i sent the motor in to get checked and will work backwards from there, it wouldnt fire up when i plugged it in , the motor was just rockin a inch or so back and forth , the tech dept told me to manually push the contactor down with a stick a wood and then it blew the breaker . so ill start with the motor and go from there , thanks for all the comments to date , i have emailed all the companies above

Back