Man To Man...how Do You Deal?

You guys are making me feel better about being single. Thanks.

Now I'm going to go degrease some more parts in the kitchen sink.

I really can't complain about my other half. She let me build a motorcycle in the living room once. Has had me rebuild carbs and motors on the kitchen table. So if I can keep some chips out of the carpet and grease off the door knobs it's the least I can do.

Wifey sez;

There's grease on the door knobs, dirt on the floor, my kitchen dishes & bowls are full of solvents, and you've substituted kerosene for Jade East cologne...it didn't used to be like this!

Looking for real solutions...in all the wrong places.
Make your hobbyusefull to her. Does everything in her life work?
Does she understand what you do? Do you Talk? Are you Best Friends?
Believe me, thirty years of happiness ......BLJHB

My wife and I have an understanding. I keep out of her sewing room and she stays out of my shop space. I don't get poked with lost straight pins and tag-along thread trimmings, and she doesn't get "swarfed".

I am fortunate to have a large shop, larger than the house, and detached by 15 feet from the abode. My wife rules the abode and I inhabit the shop. I wear a hard rubber clog from the back porch to out of doors and never enter the abode without first dousing my hands and arms with a pumice laced citrus scented cleaner and removing the hard rubber clogs. I typically change shop clothes on the back porch and immediately place them into the washer and head into the bathroom and shower immediately. I did not marry until I was into my 40s and now at nearly 62 have obtained a lasting peace by some well considered behaviors and maintaining her to do list at all times. She is a wonderful woman, friend, companion, and a mean cook to boot! Life at my house is good.

I was wondering when the large, separate shop, complete with wash sink, shower, and separate clothes rack would factor into the equation...
although I've seen magnificently kept spaces much smaller than my garage.

I don't have a shower yet, but I do have running water......might need to think about that shower idea.

Also note, I kept my 650 Triumph in our entry foyer for about four years before the shop was built.....knew then that she was a keeper (the wife!)

Back