Manual knurling on Sherline lathe

fcs

Registered
Registered
I’m itching to try my hand at basic knurling. The Sherline knurling tool holder #3004 is about twice as expensive as a cheap import scissors holder ($80 vs 40). Is it twice as good? Anyone with an opinion which way to jump?

Eagle Rocks are sweet if you can get one for the right price . Check Ebay .

I bought them a few months ago along with a couple different wheels when they were the sale item of the month (20% off the holder and wheel sets), but haven't had a chance to use them yet.
As with most Sherline tooling they are well made and designed to work with the very small size of the Sherline lathes. I don't have experience with the cheap scissors type, but they are a lot cheaper than good quality scissor types like the Eagle Rock ones that many have recommended.

Longer term I have Mikey's knurling tool on the to do list, but that is a long list and time to play with my machines doesn't seem to be happening as much as I had hoped.

time to play with my machines doesn't seem to be happening as much as I had hoped.
Well, at least your world is not on fire at the moment.
Let's hope and pray next year won't be another record breaking year for the destruction of California forests.

Well, at least your world is not on fire at the moment.
Let's hope and pray next year won't be another record breaking year for the destruction of California forests.

No kidding, some years the rain just kind of toys with us, just enough to raise hope but then just drags fire season along. This year it was like an off switch. Usually when rain totals add up to 2" they officially call an end to fire season. We got almost 4" of rain over here in 24 hours from the storms last week.

Back