Marlin model 60 scope mount

Metaloxide

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
So I got this scope for my Marlin model 60 22 LR and it's great accept the eye relief needs to be about 2" and to get that comfortably the scope needs to come back 3".
I have been researching adapters but I haven't really found anything yet. Do y'all know of anything available off the shelf or does anyone think they could make me an adapter?

Last edited:
This is the closest I've found but I figured for that price it should be perfect and it's about 0.6 inches too short on the overhang section. Screenshot_20240408_000025_Chrome.jpg
1000006588.jpg

That looks like it wouldn’t be very rigid on the stickout. I’m no gun expert but a scope riser. I feel like I’ve seen some that are risers and set back? That would be much stronger than an extension like that.

This should be plenty rigid for your purposes. Just slide the adapter back on the receiver the needed 0.6 inches. You will then likely only use three of the clamping screws to engage the dovetail on the rifle but that will be more than sufficient. After you have put a few rounds through the rifle, check the screws to be sure they have not loosened. Blue thread locker would be advised.

That's a nice scope, probably designed for an AR 15, shorter than standard. A standard scope length would however have enough length between bells to adjust it back that much.

That's a nice scope, probably designed for an AR 15, shorter than standard. A standard scope length would however have enough length between bells to adjust it back that much.
Yes that is the problem. And I dislike scope shopping because there's such an overwhelming number of options so I'm trying to make this one work since I already have it and I spent $80 on it which I know is not a lot for a scope but it's still $80 and it's mounted on a $175 gun.
I really just want a simple maybe even fixed power scope. Something that'll be perfect at 50 yards and usable at 100 yards if absolutely need it.

I got some rings with a scope like that I bought, which cantilevered the scope back an inch or so with the same mounting spot. Will dig in my stash tomorrow.

Love my Marlin 60s. Extremely accurate once its dialed in.

Back