We bought a maximat 7 (very similar to the V10) that wasn't in working order and when I set it up, one of the shift forks disintegrated. I pulled out all the pieces to it and was lucky enough to have a local machine shop owner who built us a new aluminum one to the same dimensions, but in square stock. I had to sand down various surfaces to round them so they wouldn't catch in the machine, but it ended up working well. The first gear shift is still a bit sticky, but I'm really careful not to force it, given what happened to the other one.Thought I would post in this thread, I recently bought a v10-p with 6 speed mill. It was damaged by 2 broken shift forks and subsequent lack of use. I have been reading as much as I can find in preparation of the repairs.