Mc master carr

cyrusb

Registered
Registered
I am sure most of the posters here allready know this, but for the benefit of the newbies, two words, Mcmaster Carr. Any metal or material needed delivered to your door in a day. Even cut to the size you need. With all the manufacturing going overseas most of the local material supply houses are closed (at least around here). This company is amazing. Been using them for 20 years without a glitch. From leaded engravers brass, (clockmakers ) to cast iron rounds, (engine builders) they have it. No affiliation, just elation.

They only ship inside the States.... :crying:
Unless you are a long standing account that has been using them for a very long time.

I did contact them and they declined shipping anything overseas!
And i am just in Canada.... ???

Some mumbo jumbo about stuff crossing the border, blah, blah, blah!!!!

You can order almost the same stuff from enco and they have no problem shipping.

Not too sure what their issue is...

Andrew

Cyrus,

They are so fast for us because they ship out of NJ right by the UPS hub. I've even received my good the SAME DAY! But, I don't know whether the fast shipping is true for other locations...

They do, however, have virtually anything we need for our hobby.

John

I guess I forgot this is an International forum. I guess if they ship across borders the terrorists win..

Indeed, McMaster handles returns seamlessly. No need for paperwork, R/A number, or notification of any kind. Just send the stuff back any time, and make sure your name is on the package. They actually read the return address and figure out what it is all by themselves (imagine that!) and then credit your account with the correct amount.

A well organized service-oriented business for sure.

Agree with all the above. My main pitch is the availability of odd metals, when just obtaining them can be the hardest part of a project. But there they are, cut to the size you want. Think about how many people are working for you when place an order!

author=turbinedoctor link=topic=3561.msg25897#msg25897 date=1316048120
Yes they have a large selection of most everything and the fastest shipping have ever experianced but their shipping charges will kill you, atleast for me. Ordered $30 of PVC fittings and got charged $60 shipping. Granted there were 10' lenghts of pipe but $60!!!

If they would tell you before you place the order then it wouldn't be so bad.

Turbo
While I have never bought any large items from them...I am always surprised how little they charge for the super fast shipping they provide. I guess for large items I would be best to call and get a quote first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered some cast iron rods (for a Poppin flame eater) last night. I expect they'll be here tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. Not the cheapest place, but fast and easy. Well worth getting some decent CI versus the frustration of cutting up old window weights.

Mc Master is a fast shipper with a good selection. However almost anything can be had from a different supplier at a much lower price. You are paying dearly for the fast shipping that isn't needed MOST of the time.

They also have an attitude when it comes to sending a catalog. I deal elsewhere.

Back