McMaster-Carr Shipping

OK, the shipping charges are reasonable, but I've stopped buying drills and taps from MM. I find better quality/price from Msc.
I can get a Guhring tap from Msc for the same price McMasters charges for Widia or off brand names. Same with drills. Msc makes it easier
to find the right drill and you have a better choice of good brands.

I'll use MM for a variety of other supplies and small tools, but it gets tiring emailing
back and forth trying to find out who the brand is. MM does not make it clear due to constant supplier changes.

This is not anything against MM.
I buy from them all the time. Like anything else, I comparison shop and weigh the time/brand/value/price factor.

I wish they had a tool of the month club or something like that... I have used MC for 3 decades, living in Northwest PA, stuff is always here in two days or less. I have never had an issue with the shipping, it is almost always faster and cheaper than USPS. The other thing is if I need something, I order it and know it will be in my hands quick!

I live in Northwest Wisconsin. I order from McMaster Carr and have it delivered it to my friends buisiness up the road. If I order by 5pm I will have the parts the next day (if in stock of course) usually by 10am the next day. A Midwest delivery company called Spee-Dee makes it happen, and for literally about 1/3 the price of UPS.

Back