Mechanical saw

G
I finally finish my long lasting project, Mechanical Saw No. 1 :). And it works, what is surprisingly :))). Well, there is some room for improvement, and I have a question. I use electric motor from car windshield sweeper. How powerful must be electric motor. Windshield sweeper work fine, but it make be hot after 10 minutes of wor
I finally finish my long lasting project, Mechanical Saw No. 1 :). And it works, what is surprisingly :))). Well, there is some room for improvement, and I have a question. I use electric motor from car windshield sweeper. How powerful must be electric motor. Windshield sweeper work fine, but it make be hot after 10 minutes of work.View attachment 371722View attachment 371723
Great Idea and thanks for sharing.

Yesterday I was not able to load video, today I make new one video and I post it. About motor, it will go into garbage, because someone is shorten its shaft and then try to weld it again.
The result is amazing. Good job! It reminds me of when I made my first mechanical reducer prototype using a reference factory model. But the result was not as good as yours hahah

That is a great project.
Maybe a motor from a clothes laundry machine could be found used. Or a motor from an old treadmill. People often use both on machinery. If you find a DC motor from something like a treadmill, be sure to get the motor controller with it to convert AC electricity to DC, and maybe to control the motor speed.
Congratulations on your engine it’s and progress. Best of luck with the rest of it.

If you can find an old wash machine at the dump, that motor would do the job. Nice work on the framework. Mike

Edit: phubbman, you beat me to it.

Back