Melt it down and lose money trying

of course $66 will be worth about $25 of today's dollars if they keep printing money... so loss, loss, loss...

Right so you see the hole in my plan to make a quick buck, well other than the whole having to wait 50 years to make that buck. ;)

When I worked at HF there were lots and lot of customers that bought tools just to have them.

Snowbirds that came down to AZ from up north to spend the winter in a park model out of the snow.

Seemed like they would go tool shopping and bring it back home, maybe they were buying gifts but there was no way a lot of those guys were ever using that stuff.

HF is very good at reading their customer base so they’ll probably sell a ton of these ratchets.

They’re also the only dedicated tool store in a lot of markets and the usually stand behind what they sell.

And, they support trades education at a time we desperately need it in the US.

John

They’re also the only dedicated tool store in a lot of markets and the usually stand behind what they sell.
USUALLY.. but they used to be better at standing behind their products... Much more were warrantied for life.
Also you didn't have to show them a receipt. Now you do.

I showed them an old receipt from mail order and they refused to do the replacement. They didn't know what that receipt was... (their old computer system, with no name of HF on the receipt).

@matthewsx Yeah, you are right. I'm just having fun with their alternate reputation on the internet. What they do for trade schools is unique and unheard of nowadays, really.

Marketing-wise they are veritable geniuses. Don't know how they have lasted this long. Maybe the supply chain issues will hurt them here.

I actually have quite a few Harbor Freight tools that I use sometimes, or once, or sometimes frequently...

List of Onces:

Flaring tool, should have just sprung the extra money for a better set.

List of Sometimes:

Sandlbast cabinet
Sheetmetal brake

List of Frequently:

Titanium 125 flux core welder
Wooden tool chests (2 of them) will probably buy more,
Pittsburgh wrenches
Shop towels

They also used to be closed on Sunday when I worked there.

I showed them an old receipt from mail order and they refused to do the replacement. They didn't know what that receipt was... (their old computer system, with no name of HF on the receipt).
That is the same Sears did before they bit the bucket. "Sorry, we do not carry that ratchet anymore". You are SOL.

I have the HF dust collector that really does collect a lot of dust!

Back