Resolved Member search issue

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I went looking for mattthemuppet2 the other day to reference him in a post. And using the @ sign wouldn't bring him up as a choice, and neither did the member search. If I add another t to the search it does show him, but I didn't know he had 3 T's.. so I was searching based on matt.. it should have brought him up, but doesn't until I add another T.. this is WRONG.. a vaguer search should bring him up.

matt.jpg

There are 180 users on H-M whose username begins with the letters "matt". "mattt" would display deadlast on that list. I would wager that will be your next support ticket issue request. I will not change the default order of how the popup list of member names come up and will not do so for the following reasons:

1) giving other members preferential search result treatment based on a complaint is wrong,
2) displaying 180 names on your screen will be a nuisance and become a new support issue for me to deal with.

Interestingly enough, when I use the @ symbol for calling @mattthemuppet2 - his username is the ONLY username that begins with the letters "mattt". Hitting enter tags him automatically. It's quite simple really and I'm failing to see how this is "WRONG".

Upvote 0
I didn't know there were that many matts. I am certain I didn't ask for preferential treatment. As a matter of fact, I understand now, why it is not bringing him up. What I don't understand is why it doesn't indicate that there were too many returned. As it is I thought the list was complete for matt...

I'll have to check my attitude next time I put in a ticket... I didn't think I was rude , but apparently I must have been to get the response I did. Seems like you moderators need a chill pill.

As far as you referencing mattthemuppet2 and it brought him up, it doesn't for me if I type @matt, and I didn't know at the time he was 3 t's... which is why I brought it as a problem.

Upvote 0
Back