Resolved Member status problem

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Just noticed that my membership shows just as registered and not brass as before going offline. Just something I noticed.

Two things to follow up on here. One is a question, another a statement.

Question: did either of your upgrade by donating before the crash?

Statement: The "Brass" name was part of the old promotion system which I eliminated in this last upgrade. There are two key points to make about this old promotion system. a) it was a points based system that would give you more privileges and change your name as you progressed in activity on the site. E.g., Swarf, Brass, Bronze, etc. b) When I eliminated the promotion system, I just upgraded everybody's privilege at the Registered level to the highest promotion level - and then some. The custom title promotion ladder is now a thing of the past.

The old way was to make people work for privileges and if you wanted to shortcut that, donate and we open up more privileges. This in my estimation did two things, make participating complicated (there were something like three or four non-donating promotion levels and five donation levels and made admin a nightmare when it came to troubleshooting privileges at the non-donating level.) It also was confusing to members what they really had for privileges and what a donating membership would actually yield compared to what they had as say, a non-donating Active Member.

I've simplified that. Registered members now have many of the same privileges as premium members but Registered members cost is that they have to pay for the site maintenance through ad placements. Premium donors get increasing levels of privleges, like creation of media albums, downloads, etc. Registered members will remain in that group until they decide donating is worth the effort and cause to them.

Back to my question, if you donated prior to the crash. I'll bring you back to the donating level you are at.

For me No donations.......I was just relaying a difference in my screen in case it was part of the outage problem.
Thanks for replying.

I didn't donate before the crash,because I had to use PayPal and I don't have a PayPal account nor do I want one. Is a donation required now and is there another way to donate if I wanted to? What does "bump @Suzuki4evr" mean?

Donations are not required. You can still participate and you have more privileges now than in the past. More premium features can be had if you upgrade to a Donating membership. Go to the Donations page if you wish to do so. You do not need a paypal account to donate. There are instructions on the Donate tab for sending a check.

Bump. Lol. It means to bump this thread to the top of the screen sort of an old school way of getting somebody to look at the thread. I should probably get with the times! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money Order or Cashiers Check then, maybe...

Thanks vtcnc. Small problem, I do not use cheques anymore. :laughing:
That's o.k. LIke middle.road said, a bank check or money order would suffice. Good as cold hard cash. However, make sure you convert your countries currency to the equivalent amount in USD before you send.

You know...PayPal isn't as bad as you think! I've had an account since the very beginning - almost 20 years?? Zero problems.

Back