Mery Lathemas to me, Mery Lathemas to me! (Tool gloat)

I just tried the tailstock; it's an MT2, which us the more common version. That's just fine with me, as I have some decent mt2 tooling from my 7x14. The lathe came with a 3 jaw, a 4 jaw, faceplate, collet chuck and collets, KDK toolpost and a mess of holders. He even produced a couple spare c6j tubes. There are a couple missing pieces, the feed stop, the cooling fan for the electronics rack... and... I think that's it. All in all, I'm very happy. Price was just shy of $4k.

Oh, and yes, 240 single phase.

I just tried the tailstock; it's an MT2, which us the more common version. That's just fine with me, as I have some decent mt2 tooling from my 7x14. The lathe came with a 3 jaw, a 4 jaw, faceplate, collet chuck and collets, KDK toolpost and a mess of holders. He even produced a couple spare c6j tubes. There are a couple missing pieces, the feed stop, the cooling fan for the electronics rack... and... I think that's it. All in all, I'm very happy. Price was just shy of $4k.

That'll do it. YOU SUCK!!!!

:drool:

But I agree with posters above... You suck!

Well gloated and deserving of the tool envy you're receiving! She's an absolute beauty! But, you still suck! :whistle:

Have fun and great luck with it!
John

Yep, that's a good deal. But you can't do a proper tool gloat with only one picture. Get with it!

Have a look at the backs of your chucks. If they shipped from Monarch they typically had the machine's serial number stamped on. If you have original tooling, that's very cool.

What sort of shop did you buy this from?

Cal

I'll take more pics once it's powered. I think one of the chucks is original, the other is an import. I purchased from another hobbyist. He was clearing some room for more projects.

Power is in and she survived the trip and is running nicely. I took a few more pictures, and made some chips. Finish is not great; the cross slide gibs are really loose, so I think that is the major issue. Drive system sounds smooth. Took some cuts on some cold rolled crapalloy, and she just chewed through it like it wasn't there. Needs a few tweaks, and I need to figure out what all the controls do, but all in all, very happy ;)

https://picasaweb.google.com/113058612034694188913/Monarch10EE?authuser=0&feat=directlink

DMS You do know that all the "you sucks" are the highest form of compliments in the machine community! Very nice but shouldnt you light up some Christmas lights behind for a nice backdrop.

Beautiful machine - congrats and certainly Merry Lathemas!

Back