MicroENERGY fuel saver

David S

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Let's just say I'm skeptical at best. I have played around with and built some of these devices and have not experienced the advertised result. The best result I ever got was heating the fuel with a heat exchanger using the engine coolant on a carborated engine, not sure how that would work on a modern fuel injected engine.

Pure 100% unadulterated snake oil. I read until I got to the point where they claim 20% performance improvement by attaching it to the outside of the fuel line with zip ties.

Pure 100% unadulterated snake oil. I read until I got to the point where they claim 20% performance improvement by attaching it to the outside of the fuel line with zip ties.

That is absolutely my impression. However I have a hard time in this day and age, announcing something like this at a prominent auto show. It will cost the consumer somewhere around $800 to $1000.

This could have an interesting aftermath.

David

That is absolutely my impression. However I have a hard time in this day and age, announcing something like this at a prominent auto show. It will cost the consumer somewhere around $800 to $1000.

This could have an interesting aftermath.

David

Announcing something at a "prominent auto show" doesn't ensure that a product works (this one won't!) it just shows how much chutzpah the marketers have. I have seen hundreds, if not thousands, of different products come on the market over the last 50 years all claiming to do the same thing. The only real affect they have on ones wallet is to make it a bit lighter. A quote from P.T. Barnum comes to mind, "Witchcraft is one of the most baseless, absurd, disgusting and silly of all the humbugs." This would certainly rate up there as "witchcraft".

JMHO

-Ron

You gotta love the technical terms in their sales pitch.
"Super Conductive Energy Releasing Reaction" - How could Newton have missed that one?
"Hyper Dynamics" - as opposed to Hypo Dynamics?

This miracle of modern science ranks right up there with the turbo encabulator.

Tom

Not to mention, fuel economy huge selling point for automobile manufacturers, do you really think they would have missed any technology that could give a significant increase in milage?

Interesting that they mention a patent several times in there news releases, brochures, etc. but no reference to the patent number. A quick search yielded no results. There are a lot of charlatans and quacks out there that are willing to take your money. The audacity of them to tell you that it has to be installed by a dealer when it is simply a matter of suspending the device in the fuel tank or wire tying it to the fuel line! In their FAQ section when asked about non-performance gave a neat little runaround.

I had been asked by non technical friends to give an evaluation of similar miracle mileage enhancers in the past. They were ready to put down their hard earned. Fortunately, I was able to convince them otherwise.

snake oil salesman sums it up. The easest way I have found to increase gas mileage is
1. Tire Pressure and Size - Correct psi and light wheels and narrow tires.
2. Warm Air - the warmer the air intake the higher the mileage.

Your mileage may vary :p

I can understand someone trying to pedal this a midway or flea market. But at a huge auto show with lots of experts around. I should ask Consumer Reports for a test report.

I tried to look for the patent as well. Also the test lab that tested it has lost some credibility in my books.

David

Back